The following Ohio banks have publicly announced details of their customer assistance programs and measures:
- Consumer and Mortgage Payment Deferral Program: Civista offers eligible customers a payment deferral for up to 90 days. Customers may contact 800.604.9367 for more information.
- Commercial Loan Payment Deferral Program: – Civista offers eligible customers payment deferral for up to 90 days. Customers may contact their business relationship manager directly for more information.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) - Small Business Economic Injury Disaster: The SBA has announced Indiana and Ohio have been declared disaster states, therefore making businesses and non-profits eligible to apply for Economic Injury Disaster Loan Assistance. Payment deferral programs are available based on SBA rules. To apply or learn more, visit https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/.
- Suspension of Foreclosure Program – Effective immediately, Civista will not initiate any new foreclosure action on residential properties unless required by federal or government agencies. This suspension of foreclosure action will last through the end of May 2020. Civista will continue to evaluate extending this date as the COIVD-19 situation evolves.
Fifth Third Bank
- Offering assistance program to customers experiencing hardship regarding a mortgage, home equity line or loan, auto loan or credit card balance; encourages such customers to call the bank’s dedicated help line.
- The Bank is offering the following programs for our business customers facing financial hardship related to COVID-19. To participate in the programs, customers will need to contact Fifth Third.
- On March 17, the Small Business Administration (SBA) announced efforts to provide a faster, easier qualification process for states seeking SBA Disaster Assistance for small businesses impacted by COVID-19. The SBA is working closely with governors to make up to $2 million in targeted, low-interest disaster recovery loans available to any small business enterprise that has been severely impacted by the situation. This direct lending program is in the form of low interest rate loans with flexible repayment terms, the eligibility for which will be determined by the SBA on a case-by-case basis. For more information on SBA's assistance to small businesses, visit www.SBA.gov/coronavirus.
Fifth Third recommends that customers continue to leverage all of the digital banking tools and resources for self-service banking and account access through mobile, online and voice banking services, as well as the Bank’s network of approximately 53,000 fee-free ATMs* across the United States. The bank is prepared to assist customers with their questions or concerns and has a dedicated support page available at www.53.com/covid19 as the first point of contact for all customers. For Business Banking service, please call 877-534-2264 from Monday through Saturday or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Federal Community Bank
- First Federal is automatically deferring the next 3 months payments on all loan types when asked by the customer. Presently, we are paying all employees that are either staying at home due to reduced schedules or are working from home.
- Small Business Payment Deferral Program – If your small business is experiencing a hardship related to family sickness or workplace closures due to COVID-19 and you contact Huntington, we will offer a payment deferral for up to 90-days with no credit bureau impact. Please contact your business banker or the Business Customer Phone Bank (800) 480-2001 Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Saturdays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET.
- Business Credit Card Payment Assistance – Contact the Business Credit Card Customer Assistance Team at (888) 696-9982
- Late Fees on Banking Business Loan Suspension Program – Beginning in March 2020, Huntington will suspend charging late fees on business loan payments. This suspension is effective through the end of March 2020 and we will continue to evaluate with considerations to extend this program.
- Small Business Economic Injury Disaster – Huntington is working directly with the Governor’s offices to facilitate a disaster declaration from the SBA for businesses to be eligible for Economic Injury Disaster loans.
- Consumer Payment Deferral Program – If you are facing a financial hardship related to sickness in your family or workplace closures due to COVID-19 and you contact Huntington, we will offer a payment deferral for up to 90-days with no credit bureau impact.
- Homeowner Payment Assistance – Contact (800) 323-9865, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturdays 8:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m. ET
- Personal Credit Line Payment Assistance – Contact (800) 250-6660 Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET
- Auto Loan Payment Assistance – Contact (866) 480-2234, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturdays 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET
- Consumer Loan Payment Assistance – Contact (877) 477-6855, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturdays 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET
- Credit Card Payment Assistance – Contact us Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturdays 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET
- Debit Card Assistance – Contact (800) 480-2265, Monday through Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET
- Late Fees on Consumer Loan Suspension Program – Beginning in March 2020, Huntington will suspend charging late fees on consumer loan payments. This suspension is effective through the end of March 2020 and we will continue to evaluate with considerations to extend this program.
- Repossession Halt Program – Beginning March 17, 2020, Huntington will not initiate any new repossession actions associated with vehicles, RVs, or marine craft financed by Huntington and have enacted reduced requirements for customers who want to redeem their already repossessed vehicle to one (1) payment plus repossession fee. This suspension of repossession actions will take place through the end of March 2020 and we will continue to evaluate with considerations to extend this program.
- Suspension of Foreclosure Program – Beginning March 17, 2020, Huntington will suspend initiating any new foreclosure actions, specific to residential properties unless required by federal or government agencies. This suspension of foreclosure actions will take place through the end of March 2020 and we will continue to evaluate with considerations to extend this program.
- Find out more: https://www.huntington.com/coronavirus#faq.
- Encouraging individuals who are affected by COVID-19 and need help with their accounts to contact their customer service representatives.
- Relief is currently on case-by-case basis and could include fee waivers or refunds, changing due dates or extending credit lines.
- Urging customers to protect themselves from coronavirus-related scams.
- Instituting/enhancing measures at branch and office locations to protect health of both customers and employee
Encouraging customers to use online, mobile and voice banking services.
Ohio Valley Bank
- Offering a three month interest only period for all commercial loans, regardless of loan amount or grade. The exception to this process will be Reg O borrowers, who will have to adhere to the existing policy for Reg O Officers and Directors. Additionally, no modification fee will be applied to these transactions. Additional periods of interest-only will be considered as the bank assesses the need for it to continue.
- Small Businesses can gain emergency cash flow through the SBA COVID-19 Disaster Relief Lending Program.
- Business and Commercial Clients should contact their dedicated banker directly.
- Consult with the Merchant Services team on implementing social distancing Point Of Sale systems. Clover software fees and the monthly minimum processing fees are waived in April.
- The banks has created a Loan Payment Relief team who is evaluating each client request on a case-by-case basis to fully understand their hardship and provide the best solution for them.
- Talk with a Peoples Insurance Specialist (800.283.3823) to ensure you have adequate insurance for the increased time you are spending at home, including if you now temporarily work from home.
- Read the bank's Trust and Investment Services department perspective on recent economic news.
- Waive or refund late payment fees on mortgages, credit cards and other products.
- Waive fees for early withdrawal of CDs.
- Help business customers having difficulty making payments on loans.
- Offer low-rate, emergency hardship loans to qualified consumers and small businesses.
- Encouraging customers who need help right away to call a specified help line to discuss assistance.
- Urging customers to use its digital banking features, including its mobile app, online banking or banking by phone.
- National donations – $4 million to United Way, LISC and Operation HOPE to support individuals and small businesses affected by COVID-19.
- Local donations – $26 million in general operating funds to local nonprofit organizations across the country to continue supporting individuals and families with financial education, affordable housing and work assistance. This includes employee donations, which U.S. Bank will double through matching gifts.
- Wells Fargo is working on a daily basis to put measures in place to support the needs of customers impacted by COVID-19 in the most effective ways possible.
- Wells Fargo is suspending residential property foreclosure sales, evictions and involuntary automobile repossessions.
- The company also is offering fee waivers, payment deferrals and other expanded assistance for credit card, auto, mortgage, small business and personal lending customers who contact the company.
- Support for Commercial Customers: WesBanco is offering to defer certain loan payments for up to 90 days for the most seriously impacted categories of business borrowers, as described below.
- Current WesBanco business borrowers who wish to request relief are encouraged to call their relationship officer. Public accommodation businesses, such as restaurants/caterers, and certain retail establishments, that are forced to close will be eligible for full deferral of loan payments (principal and interest) for 90 days, and working capital facilities up to $200,000.
- Public accommodation businesses that are reducing services in response to the pandemic (such as reducing capacity, transitioning to take-out only) will be eligible to make interest-only payments and defer principal payments for 90 days, and working capital facilities up to $100,000.
- Additional relief programs may be available to existing WesBanco business borrowers on an individualized basis, depending on their circumstances. All deferred loan payments and new loans will be subject to bank approval.
- Support for Residential Mortgage and Consumer Customers: Existing residential mortgage and consumer loan customers of WesBanco may also be eligible for the Borrower Relief Program.
- Current consumer customers who wish to request relief may call 800-654-6288 to speak with a company representative. WesBanco customers working as healthcare professionals and emergency responders are eligible to receive deferral of their residential mortgage or consumer loan payments (principal and interest) for 90 days; and WesBanco borrowers who are otherwise impacted by COVID-19 are eligible to be evaluated for participation in the program. Small businesses and consumers who wish to receive existing loan deferrals must contact WesBanco to determine eligibility, as the Borrower Relief Program is not automatic.
- In addition, WesBanco will suspend initiating any new foreclosure actions, specific to residential properties, unless required by federal or government agencies; and, will not initiate any new repossession actions of vehicles financed by WesBanco. These suspension of actions are effective immediately through the end of March 2020, and will continue to be evaluated with considerations to extend them.
The following list can be used to navigate directly to the websites of all OBL members, many of which have similar customer assistance programs in place:
1st National Bank
Belmont Savings Bank
Buckeye Community Bank
Buckeye State Bank
Cf Bank, National Association
Citizens Federal S&L Assoc. of Bellefontaine
Community First Bank, National Association
Community Savings Bank
Conneaut Savings Bank Dollar Bank, FSB
Eagle Savings Bank
Fairfield Federal S&L Assoc. of Lancaster
Farmers & Merchants Bank
Farmers State Bank
FCBank, a division of CNB
Fidelity Federal Savings & Loan Association
Fifth Third Bank
First Bank of Berne
First Bank of Ohio
First Citizens National Bank of Upper Sandusky
First Commonwealth Bank
First Federal Bank of Ohio
First Federal Bank of the Midwest
First Federal Community Bank of Bucyrus
First Federal Community Bank, N.A.
First Federal Savings & Loan Association of Centerburg
First Federal Savings & Loan Association of Delta
First Federal Savings & Loan Association of Lakewood
First Federal Savings & Loan Association of Lorain
First Federal Savings & Loan Association of Newark
First Federal Savings & Loan Association of Van Wert
First Financial Bank
First Merchants Bank
First Mutual Bank, FSB
First National Bank in New Bremen
First State Bank
First-Knox National Bank - A Division of PNB
Galion Building and Loan Bank
GNB Banking Centers
Guardian Savings Bank, A Federal Savings Bank
Heritage Bank, Inc.
Home National Bank
Home Savings and Loan Company of Kenton
Home Savings Bank
Home Savings Bank of Wapakoneta
Huntington Federal Savings Bank
KeyBank National Association
Kingston National Bank
LCNB National Bank
Liberty National Bank
Liberty Savings Bank, FSB
Mercer Savings Bank
Miami Savings Bank
Monroe Federal Savings and Loan Association
Mutual Federal a Division of First Bank Richmond
Nelsonville Home and Savings
New Carlisle Federal Savings Bank
New Foundation Savings Bank North Valley Bank
Ohio State Bank
Peoples Federal Savings and Loan Association
Peoples Savings and Loan Company
Peoples State Bank
Perpetual Federal Savings Bank
Portage Community Bank
Republic Bank & Trust Company
Richland Bank - A Division of PNB
Riverside Bank of Dublin
Second National Bank - A Division of PNB
Security National Bank - A Division of PNB
Southern Hills Community Bank
SSB Community Bank
Standing Stone Bank
||The Andover Bank
The Antwerp Exchange Bank Company
The Baltic State Bank
The Bank of Magnolia Company
The Brookville Building and Savings Association
The Cincinnatus Savings and Loan Company
The Citizens Bank Company
The Citizens National Bank of Bluffton
The Citizens National Bank of McConnelsville
The Citizens National Bank of Woodsfield
The Commercial and Savings Bank
The Community Bank
The Corn City State Bank
The Cortland Savings and Banking Company
The Covington Savings and Loan Association
The Croghan Colonial Bank
The Edon State Bank Company of Edon
The Equitable Savings and Loan Company
The Fahey Banking Company
The Farmers & Merchants State Bank
The Farmers and Merchants Bank
The Farmers Bank and Savings Company
The Farmers National Bank of Canfield
The Farmers Savings Bank
The First Central National Bank of St. Paris
The First National Bank of Bellevue
The First National Bank of Blanchester
The First National Bank of Dennison
The First National Bank of McConnelsville
The First National Bank of Pandora
The First National Bank of Sycamore
The First National Bank of Waverly
The Genoa Banking Company
The Hamler State Bank
The Harrison Building and Loan Association
The Henry County Bank
The Hicksville Bank
The Hocking Valley Bank
The Home Loan Savings Bank
The Killbuck Savings Bank Company
The Marblehead Bank
The Merchants National Bank
The Metamora State Bank
The Middlefield Banking Company
The National Bank of Adams County of West Union
The North Side Bank and Trust Company
The Ohio Valley Bank Company
The Osgood State Bank
The Ottoville Bank Company
The Park National Bank
The Park National Bank of Southwest OH Northern KY
The Peoples First Savings Bank
The Peoples Savings & Loan Company
The Peoples Savings Bank
The Peoples Savings Bank
The Republic Banking Company
The Richwood Banking Company
The Settlers Bank
The Sherwood State Bank
The State Bank and Trust Company
The Twin Valley Bank
The Union Bank Company
The Union Banking Company
The Wilmington Savings Bank
Union Savings Bank
United Bank - A Division of PNB
United Bankers' Bank
United Midwest Savings Bank NA
Unity National Bank - A Division of PNB
Valley Central Bank
Van Wert Federal Savings Bank
Versailles Savings and Loan Company
Vinton County National Bank
Warsaw Federal Savings and Loan Association
Waterford Bank, NA
Wayne Savings Community Bank
Wells Fargo Bank, National Association
Westfield Bank, FSB
Woodsfield Savings Bank