OBL Commercial Lending Forum
OBL Commercial Lending Forum
The 2023 OBL Commercial Lending Forum builds strong peer networks by exchanging performance ideas and discussing the changing commercial lending environment. This forum offers an ongoing platform for developing peer networks and a strategic exchange of leadership, addressing current and developing lending opportunities and challenges. The program includes a rotation of industry speakers and panel discussions relating to commercial lending, risk management and the changing regulatory lending conditions
Benefits of the Forum
- Stay current—on high-performance lending practices
- Be prepared—learn about developing trends in lending practices and risk management
- Gain ongoing value—resources and relationships with leading industry speakers and panelists
- Develop—a strong and reliable regional network of peer bankers
The OBL Commercial Lending Forum includes three sessions that run from 10AM to 3PM at OBL Education Center (4215 Worth Ave, Ste 300) on:
- Thursday, April 6
- Thursday, July 13
- Thursday, September 21
- Forum Members also receive a registration to the 2023 OBL Main Event on November 7 & 8 at the Hyatt Regency Columbus. Complete agenda details to be announced.
How the Forum Works
- The Commercial Lending Forum will meet three times during the year
- Relevant "hot topics" will be discussed at each session. Participants are strongly encouraged to suggest topics of interest in advance of the session
- Forum participants benefit from working with a seasoned facilitator and hear from guest presenters and regulators
- Attendees share best practices and solutions to commercial lending challenges
- Each attendee receives an electronic manual packed with tools, forms, handouts and templates
Who Should Attend?
- Credit Officers
- Risk Officers
- Commerical Lenders
- Management positions in credit and risk management
Forum Discussion Topics
- Regulatory hot topics
- Sales culture development
- Trends in small business lending
- Changes in ownership
- Environmental issues
- Remaining digitally competitive
- Cross Default & Cross Collateralization
- Fintech disruption
- Commercial Construction lending
- Collateral considerations
- Stress testing
- Auto and equipment lending
Rob Newberry, advisor, ABRIGO, has more than 20 years of experience in the financial services industry. Rob spent 15 years at Wells Fargo & Co in various strategic and leadership roles. These roles included time in Finance, Servicing, Fair Lending, Pricing Strategy, Business Intelligence and Delivery Innovation. For the past five years, Rob has worked closely with financial institution leaders and regulatory agencies to develop a credit administration suite of tools specifically designed for community banks. Rob is a faculty
member of the Graduate School of Banking in Madison, Wisconsin. Rob also teaches for both the Financial Managers Society and LexisNexis Sheshunoff eLearning on topics ranging from loan grading, ALLL calculations, and stress testing
To register for the 2023 OBL Commercial Lending Forum, click the registration button below.
Additional OBL Forums
The OBL holds additional forums for targeted peer learning and networking. Click on the forum links below for additional details.
Refunds for the program will be granted for cancellations received in writing to the OBL Professional Development Team seven days prior to each session. Cancellations will be subject to a $75 processing fee. No Refunds will be granted for cancellations received within seven days of the program. Substitutions are always welcome.
Contact the Carol Allerding at 614-340-7618.
[Back To Top]