OBL Education and Trainer Forum
Education and Trainers Forum
The virtual Education and Trainers Forum provides an opportunity for bank trainers to exchange ideas freely, brainstorm challenges and examine pressing issues in today's ever-evolving regulatory, cost-conscience and results-driven environment. The agenda is based on input from participants in the forum group as well as banking industry employee development key topics.
Benefits of the Forum
- Improve your effectiveness as a Training and Talent Development leader in the banking sector
- Discuss current industry trends and challenges experienced by other training professionals
- Identify and discuss ways to “do more with less” given budget and staff pressures
- Obtain access to highly respected industry experts
- Grow professionally as well as personally
- Discuss with peers what works and what doesn't
The Education and Trainers Forum includes three virtual sessions that run from 10AM to 3PM on:
- Thursday, March 9
- Thursday, August 31 - Click to register for the August session
- Thursday, October 5 - Click to register for the October session
- A learning track for this forum will also be offered at the 2023 OBL Main Event on November 7 & 8 at the Hyatt Regency Columbus. Complete agenda details to be announced.
How the Forum Works
- This is a virtual forum where the agenda is based on input from participants in the forum group as well as banking industry employee development key topics.
Who Should Attend
- Bank Trainers
- Talent Development Officers
Forum Discussion Topics
- Challenges in Employee Development & Training
- New Hire Orientation versus Onboarding
- Training Designs for Virtual Training
- Developing a Training Program on a Budget
- Wearing Multiple Hats
- How to Develop Short Training Programs
- Tools for Delivering Compliance Training
Denise Wilson, a consultant with PSI, brings over 25 years of experience in the field of workplace learning and performance and is a designated CPLP (Certified Professional in Learning and Performance). For the past 21 years Denise has led corporate training for a regional bank with over 800 employees. She is known for her ability to connect with learners and create an energetic, fun and slightly unconventional learning environment all while delivering tangible outcomes.
As a former banker, Dianne Barton, Founder & President of Performance Solutions, Inc., provides a full array of bank specific learning solutions including leadership and management development, regulatory and compliance implementations, retail growth strategies, sales & service culture development, strategic planning, is recognized as "real world solutions" by both regional banks and community banks.
Additional OBL Forums
The OBL holds additional forums for targeted peer learning and networking. Click on the 2023 OBL Forums brochure for an overview, or click on the individual forum links below for complete details.
Refunds for the program will be granted for cancellations received in writing to the OBL Professional Development Team seven days prior to each session. Cancellations will be subject to a $75 processing fee. No Refunds will be granted for cancellations received within seven days of the program. Substitutions are always welcome.
Contact Julie Kiplinger at 614-340-7612.