OBL CFO Forum
The 2024 OBL CFO Forum provides an opportunity for bankers to discuss important issues and dissect problems critical to their bank's financial health. The program is professionally led by Tom Hauck and Todd Togrul of FORVIS and encourages the free exchange of ideas and offers opportunities to formulate solutions to current problems. The program offers a rewarding experience for professional and personal growth and will translate positively to your bank's bottom line. CPE credits are also available.
Benefits of the Forum
- Discuss current industry challenges with other financial officers
- Learn how other banks are meeting their bank's requirements
- Form relationships with other financial officers
- Solve your most pressing problems
- Learn about other banks examination experiences
- Preview cutting edge ideas in other banks
- Forum participants receive the benefit of working with expert consultants on a cost-saving basis
Please note: During each forum, breakout discussions occur based on the asset size of the bank.
The CFO Forum includes three sessions that run from 10AM to 3PM at The Hampton Inn (4150 Stelzer Rd, Columbus, OH 43230) on:
- Wednesday, February 21
- Wednesday, May 29
- Wednesday, September 18
How the Forum Works
- Tom Hauck contacts participants before the forum to obtain pressing concerns, questions, or any financial issues currently effecting the banking environment
- All forum members meet as a group to discuss agenda items with the individual forum members
- Forum members are then divided into two groups based on bank size and market to ensure that participants have as much in common as possible
- The Forum meets three times a year and CPE credits are available for attendance at the forum
- Multiple topics will be discussed at each session; participants are strongly encouraged to suggest their own agenda topics of interest
- Electronic materials are available for each forum member
Who Should Attend
- Fund Managers
- Those holding positions actively involved in day-to-day financial management activities
- Regulatory Hot Buttons
- Vendor Management
- Economic Challenges
- Investment Portfolio Management
- Liquidity Management
- Non-interest Income Best Practices
- Measuring & Monitoring IRR
- Capital Adequacy Stress Testing
- Capital Planning
- Controlling Costs
- Improving Efficiency
- Accounting Pitfalls for CFOs
- Topic Input from Forum Members
Since 1991, Tom Hauck served as managing director and principal at ProBank Austin until September of 2022. He began his career with the firm as a financial analyst in 1991 and worked in various roles throughout his tenure. On October 1, 2022 ProBank Austin merged with FORVIS, where he is now a Director with his new firm. His primary role is consulting with his bank clients in the areas of asset/liability management, interest rate risk, liquidity risk and investments. He utilizes his experience in working with a diverse client base to assist them in developing strategies for earnings and margin enhancement and risk mitigation. He is also active in strategic planning, banker/ director education and other areas of financial performance. He has served as the facilitator for the OBL CFO Forum since its inception in 2014. He earned a Masters of Business Administration degree from the University of Toledo after having received a Bachelor of Science degree from Eastern Michigan University.
Todd Togrul is a director in FORVIS’ Quantitative Solutions group and has more than 26 years of experience providing financial institutions with an outsourced solution of interest rate risk and liquidity risk management. His experience includes interest rate risk modeling, liquidity stress testing, deposit studies, loan prepayments, fair value, IRR back-testing, and budgeting, as well as IRR benchmarking and IRR assessments.
To register for the 2024 OBL CFO Forum, click the registration button below.
Additional OBL Forums
Refunds for the program will be granted for cancellations received in writing to the OBL Professional Development Team seven days prior to each session. Cancellations will be subject to a $75 processing fee. No Refunds will be granted for cancellations received within seven days of the program. Substitutions are always welcome.
Contact Julie Kiplinger
[Back To Top]