OBL Marketing Forum
OBL Marketing Forum
The 2023 OBL Marketing Forum offers an ongoing platform for marketing officers and staff to exchange ideas and seek solutions over a wide variety of timely topics and concepts. Members will gain knowledge and become more effective in their roles, as they learn from facilitator Amber Farley, EVP of Brand Development at FMS. FMS specializes in building brands and strategic marketing plans for community banks across the country. This forum has been designed by the OBL and FMS to encourage the exchange of ideas and provide opportunities for participants to learn from an industry expert and each other. The participants will network and form valuable professional relationships while expanding their marketing and leadership skills.
Benefits of the Forum
- Participate in a group roundtable of leaders of community bank marketing officers and staff
- Gain insight of current trends and industry best practices
- Contribute pertinent topics of interest to the forum agendas
- Form relationships with other community bankers who share the curiosity and challenges of community bank marketing
- Learn how forum members handle design and implementation challenges
- Learn how to leverage the role of strategy in achieving bank marketing goals
The OBL Marketing Forum includes three sessions that run from 10AM to 3PM at OBL Education Center (4215 Worth Ave, Ste 300) on:
- Wednesday, February 22
- Thursday, May 18 - Click to register for the May session
- Thursday, August 24 - Click to register for the August session
- A learning track for this forum will also be offered at the 2023 OBL Main Event on November 7 & 8 at the Hyatt Regency Columbus. Complete agenda details to be announced.
How the Forum Works
- Participants are contacted in advance of each forum session for input into the next program agenda to ensure the topics are relevant and top of bankers' minds
- Multiple topics will be discussed at each session and participants are strongly encouraged to suggest their own agenda topics of interest
- Questions are collected in advance for Open Forum Discussions to ensure pressing concerns and questions are addressed
- Questions and best practices are also shared live during each session
- Each attendee receives electronic access to slides, handouts and resources from the session
Who Should Attend?
- Marketing Officers
- Marketing Staff
- Those involved with internal/external marketing
- Those interested in maximizing marketing efforts
Forum Discussion Topics - Past, Present & Future
- How to Advance Your Bank's Brand
- Internal Branding & Culture Building Tactics
- How a Strong Brand Can Unite & Ignite Your Team
- What All Goes In A Bank's Marketing Budget
- How to Stay Creative & Have Fresh Ideas
- Leveraging Digital Marketing
- Understanding and Utilizing Emerging Media
- Data's Role in Marketing
- How to Plan for Hybrid Events
- Smart Websites: What Are They & How to Use Them
- Influencer Marketing
- Media Consumption Behaviors
- Digital Marketing: What works
- The Cookie is Going Away: What's Next
- Email Marketing Best Practices
- How to Use Landing Pages Well
- SEO Best Practices
- Onboarding Strategies
- How the Role of Marketing is Evolving
- Social Media Best Practices
- Social Selling & Personal Branding
- How to Place Social Ads
- How to Optimize Your Search Initiatives
- How to Structure a Modern Marketing Department
- Web 3.0 & the Metaverse
Amber Farley, partner & EVP of Brand Development at FMS, is a well-known and respected teacher, presenter, consultant and thought leader on bank branding, strategic marketing, leadership, social and digital media strategies for banks around the country. She strategizes ways to help banks be purpose-driven, inspirational and more relevant to today’s customer—including both internal and external customers, and regularly presents and teaches at national banking schools, banking conferences, and other statewide banking institutions.
Additional OBL Forums
The OBL holds additional forums for targeted peer learning and networking. Click on the 2023 OBL Forums brochure for an overview, or click on the individual forum links below for complete details.
Refunds for the program will be granted for cancellations received in writing to the OBL Professional Development Team seven days prior to each session. Cancellations will be subject to a $75 processing fee. No Refunds will be granted for cancellations received within seven days of the program. Substitutions are always welcome.
Contact Susan Poling Jones at 614-340-7611.