OBL Marketing Forum
OBL Marketing Forum
The 2024 OBL Marketing Forum offers an ongoing platform for marketing officers and staff to exchange ideas and seek solutions over a wide variety of timely topics and concepts. Members will gain knowledge and become more effective in their roles, as they learn from facilitator Amber Farley, partner & EVP of Brand Development at FMS. FMS specializes in building brands and strategic marketing plans for community banks across the country. This forum has been designed by the OBL and FMS to encourage the exchange of ideas and provide opportunities for participants to learn from an industry expert and each other. The participants will network and form valuable professional relationships while expanding their marketing and leadership skills.
Benefits of the Forum
- Participate in a group roundtable of leaders of community bank marketing officers and staff
- Gain insight of current trends and industry best practices
- Contribute pertinent topics of interest to the forum agendas
- Form relationships with other community bankers who share the curiosity and challenges of community bank marketing
- Learn how forum members handle design and implementation challenges
- Learn how to leverage the role of strategy in achieving bank marketing goals
The OBL Marketing Forum includes three sessions that run from 10AM to 3PM at OBL Education Center (4215 Worth Ave, Ste 300) on:
- Tuesday, March 19
- Thursday, May 9
- Wednesday, August 28
How the Forum Works
- Participants are contacted in advance of each forum session for input into the next program agenda to ensure the topics are relevant and top of bankers' minds
- Multiple topics will be discussed at each session and participants are strongly encouraged to suggest their own agenda topics of interest
- Questions are collected in advance for Open Forum Discussions to ensure pressing concerns and questions are addressed
- Questions and best practices are also shared live during each session
- Each attendee receives electronic access to slides, handouts and resources from the session
Who Should Attend?
- Marketing Officers
- Marketing Staff
- Those involved with internal/external marketing
- Those interested in maximizing marketing efforts
What Do Current Members Have to Say?
- Amber is always a wealth of relevant and up-to-date knowledge in the bank marketing industry.
- The open discussion and questions provided for a fantastic session.
- What was most beneficial? ALL OF IT!
- The content presented was clear and informative.
- Networking with other peers in bank marketing is a highlight.
- All of the information was useful and relevant to my job. Can’t wait for the next session.
Forum Discussion Topics - Past, Present & Future
- What All Goes in a Bank's Marketing Budget
- How to Stay Creative & Have Fresh Ideas
- Leveraging Digital Marketing
- Understanding and Utilizing Emerging Media
- Data's Role in Marketing
- Smart Websites: What Are They & How to Use Them
- Influencer Marketing
- Media Consumption Behaviors
- Digital Marketing: What works
- Email Marketing Best Practices
- How to Use Landing Pages Well
- SEO Best Practices
- Onboarding Strategies
- How the Role of Marketing is Evolving
- Social Media Best Practices
- Social Selling & Personal Branding
- How to Place Social Ads
- How to Optimize Your Search Initiatives
- How to Structure a Modern Marketing Department
- Web 3.0 & the Metaverse
- Employee Advocacy
- How to Increase Volunteer Efforts
- How to Promote an Event
- Crisis Communication
- Video Marketing
- How to Create Short Form Video
- Visual Storytelling
- Streaming and CTV
- The Latest in Social Advertising
- Project Management
- AI-Powered Marketing
- Cause Marketing & Social Responsibility
- How to Advance Your Bank's Brand
- Internal Branding & Culture Building Tactics
- How a Strong Brand Can Unite & Ignite Your Team
Amber Farley, partner & EVP of Brand Development at FMS, is a well-known and respected teacher, presenter, consultant and thought leader on bank branding, strategic marketing, leadership, social and digital media strategies for banks around the country. She strategizes ways to help banks be purpose-driven, inspirational and more relevant to today’s customer—including both internal and external customers, and regularly presents and teaches at national banking schools, banking conferences, and other statewide banking institutions.
To register for the 2024 OBL Marketing Forum, click the registration button below.
Additional OBL Forums
Refunds for the program will be granted for cancellations received in writing to the OBL Professional Development Team seven days prior to each session. Cancellations will be subject to a $75 processing fee. No Refunds will be granted for cancellations received within seven days of the program. Substitutions are always welcome.
Contact Susan Poling Jones at 614-340-7611.