OBL Mortgage Lending Forum
OBL Mortgage Lending Forum
The 2024 OBL Mortgage Lending Forum builds strong peer networks by exchanging performance ideas and discussing the mortgage lending environment. This forum offers an ongoing platform for developing peer networks and strengthen job performance through idea exchange and presentations on current mortgage lending topics.
Benefits of the Forum
- Group discussions with idea exchanges
- Industry-leading speakers addressing today's best practices in mortgage lending
- Opportunity to submit topics for discussion and speaker presentations
The OBL Mortgage Lending Forum includes three sessions that run from 10AM to 3PM at OBL Education Center (4215 Worth Ave, Ste 300) on:
- Tuesday, April 9
- Tuesday, August 6
- Tuesday, October 8
How the Forum Works
- The Mortgage Lending Forum will meet three times during the year
- Relevant hot topics will be discussed at each session. Attendees are encouraged to suggest topics of interest in advance of the session
- Forum participants benefit from working with a seasoned facilitator
- Attendees share best practices and solutions to mortgage lending challenges
- Each attendee receives an electronic manual packed with tools, forms, handouts and templates
Who Should Attend?
- Credit Officers
- Risk Officers
- Mortgage Lenders
- Management positions in credit and risk management
Forum Discussion Topics
- Market Growth
- Digital Mortgage origination
- Interest rates
- Residental Construction Lending
- Home Equity Loans
- Current Pressure Topics for Mortgage Lending
Charles Moore had the honor of serving as the Deputy Superintendent of Consumer Finance and Consumer Affairs for the State of Ohio from 2011-2012. In this role Charles "Chuck" was the Chief Consumer Lending and Mortgage Banking Regulator for the State of Ohio. Charles previously served as Executive Vice President of DCB Financial Corporation in the capacity of Chief Risk and Consumer Lending Officer. Prior to state service and DCB, Mr. Moore was President of U.S. Bank Consumer Finance, and held executive positions at Bank One Corporation and Ford Consumer Finance.
A graduate of Ohio Dominican College, and SUNY Albany, Mr. Moore also attended the Leadership Development Executive Program at the University of Virginia, Darden Graduate School of Business. Charles attended the Graduate School of Banking and is a military veteran serving in the United States Marine Corps and the Army National Guard.
Additional OBL Forums
The OBL holds additional forums for targeted peer learning and networking. Click on the 2023 OBL Forums brochure for an overview, or click on the individual forum links below for complete details.
Refunds for the program will be granted for cancellations received in writing to the OBL Professional Development Team seven days prior to each session. Cancellations will be subject to a $75 processing fee. No Refunds will be granted for cancellations received within seven days of the program. Substitutions are always welcome.
Email Sarah Husk or 614-340-7618
[Back To Top]