OBL Retail Forum
OBL Retail Forum
The OBL Retail Banking Forum provides a platform and an opportunity for retail banking officers to exchange ideas freely and examine pressing issues in today’s ever-evolving regulatory, cost-conscience and result-driven environment. The agenda for each session is based on input from participants in the forum group and the facilitator. Also, as appropriate, experts will be involved and present specific timely topics as requested by forum members.
Benefits of the Forum
- Improve your effectiveness as a Retail Banking Leader
- Discuss current industry challenges with others in Retail Banking
- Develop relationships with other Retail Banking colleagues
- Brainstorm and Solve your most pressing challenges
- Deepen professional development and learning curve
- Discuss with peers what does and does not work
- Receive CPE credits or Certificate of Completion
The OBL Retail Forum includes three sessions that run from 9AM to 3PM at OBL Education Center (4215 Worth Ave, Ste 300) on:
- Thursday, March 30
- Thursday, July 27
- Tuesday, October 24
- Members also receive a registration to the 2023 OBL Main Event on November 7 & 8 at the Hyatt Regency Columbus. Complete agenda details to be announced.
How the Forum Works
- The Retail Banking Forum will meet three times during the year
- Relevant retail banking "hot topics" will be discussed at each session. Participants are strongly encouraged to suggest topics of interest
- Forum participants benefit from working with a seasoned facilitator on a cost-saving basis
- Attendees share best practices and solutions to retail banking challenges
- Each attendee receives an electronic manual packed with tools, forms, handouts and templates
Who Should Attend?
- Senior Retail Officers
- Retail Branch Officers
- Retail Banking Administrators
- Retail Branch Managers
- Retail Marketing Directors
- Retail Banking Sales Leads
Forum Discussion Topics
- Building a retail banking branch and culture
- Current challenges with growing a retail branch
- Staffing and scheduling a retail branch
- Attracting and retaining retail staff
- Business Development: Increaing the pipeline, small business strategies and protecting key customers in today's environment
- Improving and maximizing the customer experience
- Employee engagement and development
- Emerging products, services and technology
- Growing the retail delivery channel: Value added and cross-selling, increasing noninterest income, on-boarding and re-boarding tools
- Balancing regulatory and compliance with generating revenue
- Performance Management: Metrics, goal setting and performance improvement processes
- Topic input from Forum members
Performance Solutions, Inc. (PSI) is training and consulting company that has been a part of the banking community for over 35+ years. PSI specializes in providing solutions to the key challenges facing baks today in attracting and building profitable relationships with their customers. PSI's in-person, virtual and hybrid training and speaking engagements are described as energized, fast-paced, interactive and result-focused.
Christie Drexler is the Senior Consultant and Facilitator for Performance Solutions, Inc. Christie has over 26 years experience in the financial industry for community, regional and national banks. Her experience has been expansive to
include beginning as a Management Associate, successfully navigating both retail, real estate, operations, treasury services, commercial banking careers and serving as Chief Retail Officer, Chief Credit Officer, and Market/Division President. Christie
is a passionate facilitator and coach with a focus on developing competent, caring and impactful leaders in all roles of banking.
As a former banker, Dianne Barton, Founder & President of Performance Solutions, Inc., provides a full array of bankspecific learning solutions including leadership and management development, regulatory and compliance implementations, retail growth strategies, sales & service culture development, strategic planning, is recognized as "real world solutions" by both regional banks and community banks.
To register for the 2023 OBL Retail Forum, click the registration button below.
Additional OBL Forums
The OBL holds additional forums for targeted peer learning and networking. Click on the 2023 OBL Forums brochure for an overview, or click on the individual forum links below for complete details.
Refunds for the program will be granted for cancellations received in writing to the OBL Professional Development Team seven days prior to each session. Cancellations will be subject to a $75 processing fee. No Refunds will be granted for cancellations received within seven days of the program. Substitutions are always welcome.
Contact Julie Kiplinger at 614-340-7612.
[Back To Top]