The Ohio Bankers League partners with the following organizations to offer relevant programs across all areas of the bank.
Graduate School of Banking Online Seminars
The OBL provides online seminars via a partnership with the Graduate School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin in Madison. Please note programs are available live and on demand. Check out this list of upcoming programs, or for additional information including detailed seminar descriptions and presenter bios— and to register online, please visit the GSB Store.
The SBS Institute serves community banks by providing educational programs that will certify a banker has the knowledge and skills to protect against today's information security threats. The certification programs offered by the institute are uniquely designed to address community banking needs, using community banking problems and solutions. Properly trained banking professionals will improve the security around customer data and other sensitive information entrusted to them. The certification communicates to management, the board, stakeholders, and examiners, that a professional can perform the necessary functions to manage and reduce risk to the bank.
Click on this link for full offerings, descriptions and registration details for available certifications including, but not limited to:
- Certified Banking Security Manager
- Certified Banking Security Executive
- Certified Banking Ethical Hacker
- Certified Banking Incident Handler
- Certified Banking Security Technology Professional
- Certified Banking Vendor Manager
- Certified Banking Forensics Investigator
- Certified Banking Business Continuity Professional
- Certified Banking Cybersecurity Manager
- Certified Banking Vulnerability Assessor
- Certified Banking Mobile Administrator
Contact Julie Kiplinger at 614-340-7612 for more information.
McKissock Learning Banking Suite
In the ever-changing regulatory landscape, banking and lending professionals assessing real estate value need an extra edge to mitigate risk, stay compliant, create efficiencies, and improve bank audit scores. McKissock Learning partnered with the Ohio Bankers League to offer online courses on valuation for banking and lending professionals. The new Banking Suite courses were created from a deep understanding of real estate appraisal and the valuation industry. The flexible online delivery format makes it easier than ever to grow your knowledge and learn new skills.
- Evaluating a Report for USPAP Compliance, developed in partnership with The Appraisal Foundation
- The Mechanics of Appraisal Review: Single Family Residential
- Best Practices for an Appraisal Review Operation
- Selecting the Right Valuation Services
Breaking into Banking 101
Breaking Into Banking 101 This 10-module online course focuses on the fundamentals of commercial banking. Focusing on the reality of the banking world over textbook portrayals of the business, this course will equip bankers with key concepts and banking terminology and demonstrate how it all fits together. This 101 Level course is appropriate for newer credit analysts, lenders, portfolio managers, statement spreaders, loan operations associates, interns, and anyone whose job relates to commercial credit and lending.
Contact Carol Allerding at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.