The OBL has scheduled a new Remote Principles of Banking course to provide an overview of fundamental banking concepts and principles in a convenient instructor-led remote environment that incorporates peer collaboration and individual bank research. The course will run 10 weeks and include weekly assignments, a midterm exam and a final exam. The class size is limited to 25 participants.
· Overview of banking functions, competitors and future trends
· Review of banking history including legislation, regulations and regulatory agencies
· Breakdown of bank financials – income statement, balance sheet and bank performance metrics
· Products and services – deposits, loans, financial planning, trust services and business banking
· Digital banking – payment systems, online banking, mobile banking and remote capture
· Enhancing customer relationships – bank involvement in the community, importance of cross-selling and relationship building as well as exceeding customer expectations
The course is designed for everyone from new entrants to banking, to seasoned bankers seeking to gain a broader understanding of the industry. It will be led by seasoned OBL instructor Stephanie Watson.
Find out more.