The OBL partners with the the Graduate School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin – Madison to bring e-learning opportunities to members and offers many certifications via Secure Banking Solutions, an OBL Business Partner.
The SBS Institute serves community banks by providing educational programs that will certify a banker has the knowledge and skills to protect against today's information security threats. The certification programs offered by the institute are uniquely designed to address community banking needs, using community banking problems and solutions. Properly trained banking professionals will improve the security around customer data and other sensitive information entrusted to them. The certification communicates to management, the board, stakeholders, and examiners, that a professional can perform the necessary functions to manage and reduce risk to the bank.
Register for a course today or choose from these available programs:
Contact Julie Kiplinger at 614-340-7612 for more information.
The OBL also provides online seminars via a partnership with the Graduate School of Banking at the University of Wisconsin – Madison. Following are the 1st Quarter programs available. Please note if the LIVE seminar date has passed, the program is still available OnDemand and can be ordered via the link.
For detailed seminar descriptions, presenter bios and to register online, please visit http://gsb.virtualvenues.com/store or click on the titles below.
- Outsourcing Technology - Risks and Rewards – with Mark Scholl, February 21
- Commercial Real Estate Cash Flow: Analyzing Income-Producing or Rental Real Estate, Plus Global Cash Flow Issues – 4-part program with Richard Hamm, Feb. 21, 28 & March 7 & 14
- Commercial Real Estate Appraisals: Reviewing and Interpreting – -part program with Richard Hamm, Feb. 21, 28 & March 7 & 14
- Keys to Understanding Personal and Global Cash Flow from Tax Returns – 4-part program with Richard Hamm, Feb. 21, 28 & March 7 & 14
- Create a Culture of Employee Engagement and Reduce Turnover – with Ann Lueth, February 22
- Leveraging the Middle of Your Organization – ith Tom Hershberger, Feb. 23
- Detect and Respond to CATO Fraud – ith Secure Banking Solutions, Feb.23
- Intro to Commercial Lending – with David Osburn, Feb. 28
- Intro to Consumer Lending – with David Osburn, March 1
- Top 10 IRA Issues – with Ascensus, March 1
- Building Your Brand on a Limited Budget – with Tom Hershberger, March 2
- Building an Effective Marketing Plan – with Tom Hershberger, March 2
- Getting in the Door with Prospects - Tips on Leveraging Your Network – with Ned Miller, March 7
- Problem Loan Identification and Prevention – with Linda Larger, March 7
- Dealing with Powers of Attorney – with Jim Lethert, March 14
- How to Craft an Effective Commercial Loan Write-Up – with David Osburn, March 14
- Fundamentals of Interest Rate Swaps and Caps – 2-part program with Dan Dwyer, March 14 & 16
- 15 Steps to Profitable/Prudent Construction Lending – with Charles Green, March 15
- Becoming an Employer of Choice – with Ann Lueth, March 15
- Everything Roth – with Ascensus, March 15
- Guaranteed Small Business Lending Overview – with Charles Green, March 16
- SBA 7(a) Loan Guaranty Program – with Charles Green, March 16
- Profit Opportunities – with Sue Kappel, March 21
- Troubled Debt Restructuring – with David Osburn, March 21
- Risk Management with an Enterprise Wide Focus – with Sara Mikuta, March 22
- SBA Express Loan Programs – with Charles Green, March 23
- SBA CDC/504 Loan Guaranty Program – with Charles Green, March 23
- Interviewing Skills for Better Hires – with Patrice McGuire, March 24